Prescription Drugs Affects Your Sex Life:
- Drugs to lower cholesterol.
- Digoxin for heart failure.
- Diuretics and Beta blockers used for men with heart disease and hypertension.
- Methyldopa for blood pressure.
- Calcium channel blockers–new treatments for hypertension.
- Estrogens / female hormone used in men with prostate cancer.
- Anti-androgens used in with prostate cancer.
- Seizure medications.
- Prostate cancer drug.
- The drugs used to treat ulcers and heartburn.
- Drugs to stop the growth of prostate cells which have significant side effects, including reduced sexual desire and performance.
Leisure drugs/fashion drugs:
Marijuana, cocaine, tobacco, alcohol,
If you’re concerned about fertility, you should consider that the drugs you’re taking; prescription, over-the-counter, and otherwise may be interfering with your ability to have children. Many drugs reduce sperm quality and quantity, inability to have an erection. If you’re on a long-term prescription, ask your family doctor about the effects of your medication on fertility.